Node JS Developer
St. Louis, MO
Amitech is seeking a Node JS Developer responsible for delivering integrated product solutions and support for actuarial modeling / prediction platforms. This person works in a team environment and provides technical expertise and guidance throughout the entire software life cycle. Duties include analysis, design, estimation, planning, implementation, unit / integration testing of platform improvements and operational support to ensure systems availability for business stakeholders. Also required is status tracking, communication of progress and issue resolution.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Provide IT solution design, delivery & support expertise in React, NodeJS, AWS Services (i.e. Lambda, Step Functions, S3, RDS, Dynamo), Docker, Microservices, Hadoop.
- Apply leadership & ownership through full solution development life cycle while providing estimates, deliverables, and results
- Meet regularly with Project Management and Technical leads to manage status, milestones, risks and issues using Agile SDLC
- Engage in customer planning sessions and demonstrate ability to drive out requirements
- Analyze requirements, develop technical specifications and perform solution gap analysis via Agile/Scrum methodology
- Provide technical and/or business application consultation to customers and team members regarding functionality, architecture, operating systems and databases for complex product systems
- Prepare and present application and programming design solutions to fulfill business requirements
- Engage technical analysts and business users to provide input on test cases, test scenarios, and test plans
- Engage teams outside of immediate group as required (product integration points, infrastructure, helpdesk, security, vendors)
- Evaluate and balance application change risk with business need for timely product enhancements
- Efficiently design, deliver and release operational enhancements to address performance, stability, monitoring capabilities
- Develop & mature operational support knowledge base and playbook documentation to complement product solutions
- Identify and rapidly resolve issues to enable operations. Provide training guidance to team members and users as required.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships to maintain credibility and trust
- 6+ years of experience implementing Microservices
- 3+ years of leading agile development including code reviews, TDD, automated testing, continuous integration, refactoring.
- Advanced Ability to translate business needs and problems into systems design and technical solutions.
- Advanced knowledge and proven experience with structured and object oriented programming, design patterns, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration.
- Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, scheduling, and ensure projects meet budget and plan criteria.
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work well within a team environment and ability to multi-task
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to apply leadership when required.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or equivalent degree.
- Masters degree in Computer Science
- Experience with AWS Services, Docker, Hadoop integration
- 3+ years of advanced knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- 2+ years of Microsoft HPC software integration and support experience
- 2+ years of reinsurance industry experience and / or LOMA certification
- 2+ years of experience integrating FIS Prophet Professional and / or Prophet Enterprise v8.x or higher
Amitech is a rapidly growing organization focused on our employees, and we’re committed to offering opportunities to the best in the industry. Our diverse and innovative approach to everything we do means we’re looking for the groundbreakers and the pioneers—people who think differently and create the future.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Pet insurance
- Long and Short-Term disability
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
- 2018 “Top Work Places” Winner
Amitech, a leading healthcare analytics and strategy consulting firm, leverages the true value in data to help healthcare systems and insurers lower costs, improve quality of care and achieve better business outcomes.