Business Data Analyst
Job Location: St. Louis, MO
Amitech is seeking a Business Analyst / Data Analyst to serve as liaison between users and Technical IT teams to document and analyze business and functional requirements and to establish processes. Assists in evaluation of business requests to determine requirements, feasibility, and recommend business solutions.
· Develops, validates, documents, and maintains business and functional requirements and conducts structured walkthroughs of requirements with business and IT technical team members.
· Transforms business requirements into SQL statements
· Analyzes source system data in support of improving data quality
· Works with the business to identify data issues and identify potential solutions
· Proactively works to identify ways to improve data quality through business rules automation
· Assists in evaluation of business requests to determine feasibility; researches and identifies options.
· Responds to questions from business and IT technical teams.
· Assists in evaluation of and tracking of new or enhanced solutions to determine potential issues, communicates how problems may affect business and recommends solutions.
· Assists in performing task automation and implements process improvements; recommends enhancements that result in increased quality and service.
· Responds to escalated calls from users and the help desk
What You Bring to the Team:
· Ability to transform data into information for analytics
· Intermediate SQL skills
· Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
· Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
· Intermediate investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
· Intermediate data analysis skills
· Ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously
· Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
· Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
· Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
· Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
· Intermediate Excel skills, Intermediate SQL skills
· 8+ years IT-related experience, such as Business Analysis, Data Analysis, etc.
· Experience with MDM and / or Data Governance implementations
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years IT-related experience, such as Business Analysis, Data Analysis, etc.
Amitech is a rapidly growing organization focused on our employees, and we’re committed to offering opportunities to the best in the industry. Our diverse and innovative approach to everything we do means we’re looking for the groundbreakers and the pioneers—people who think differently and create the future.
· Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
· Pet insurance
· Long and Short-Term disability
· 401 (k) retirement plan
· Life insurance
· Direct deposit
· Referral program
· 2018 “Top Work Places” Winner
Amitech, a leading healthcare analytics and strategy consulting firm, leverages the true value in data to help healthcare systems and insurers lower costs, improve quality of care and achieve better business outcomes.
Amitech Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.